You can now use MProfit's new Zerodha API integration to automatically sync your Zerodha equity trades to MProfit.
Here are the steps to connect your Zerodha account:
1. Click on API => Zerodha in the top navigation menu in your MProfit login
2. Next, select the time period for which you want to sync your Zerodha trades. Since Last Update is selected by default and should be used in most cases. It will fetch all your trades since April 2016 if you have not used the API previously or will fetch all trades since the last time you have synced the API.
You should use the Custom period option only if you have previously imported Zerodha data using the contract note / tradebook files.
3. Click on Connect your Zerodha account and it will redirect you to the Zerodha Kite login page where you will be asked to enter your Zerodha credentials. Once you enter your Zerodha credentials, you will be asked to authorize MProfit. This authorization will only be used by MProfit to fetch your trade data.
4. After you have completed the Zerodha authentication successfully, you will be redirected back to MProfit. Now MProfit will begin syncing your trades from Zerodha.
Please note that the data sync from Zerodha may take a few minutes, especially if you have a high number of trades. This process will continue in the background and you can return to your Import Log at any time.
5. Once your Zerodha data is synced to MProfit, you will be asked to complete a few simple one-time steps before the data is added to your MProfit account. Firstly, you will be asked to map your Zerodha client code to the correct MProfit portfolio. Secondly, you will be asked to map the Zerodha broker in your MProfit account so that your trades are tagged to Zerodha.
You can sync data from multiple Zerodha accounts to your single MProfit account to get a consolidated view of your family investments in one place. For example, you can connect the Zerodha accounts for yourself, your partner and your children and map each Zerodha client code to the respective portfolio in MProfit. Once they are all connected, simply look at the Family Group in MProfit to see your consolidated investments.
6. After this, your trades will be added to your MProfit portfolios. As a final step, if any of your stocks have corporate actions, you can use MProfit's Auto Corporate Actions feature to automatically apply all the corporate actions in one click. See instructions in the link below.
7. To ensure that your Zerodha data remains updated in MProfit on an ongoing basis, either set-up auto import to ensure your daily contract note from Zerodha is forwarded to MProfit automatically or use the same API option whenever you wish to refresh your Zerodha data in MProfit.
Notes for Advanced Users:
At this time, the Zerodha API does not include brokerage and other charges. If you would like to import your trades with all the charges, continue using the Zerodha contract note files at this time.
If you have any off-market transactions such as IPOs, Buybacks, Demat transfers, please add them manually in MProfit to ensure all your investments are tracked
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article