To add your transactions to Strategy or Goal Portfolios in MProfit, use any of the methods below, depending on the criteria mentioned:
- Use the in-app form for Stocks & Mutual Funds
Recommended if you have only a few transactions
- Use a Portfolio Transaction CSV Export to tag Stock transactions
Recommended if you have many transactions
- Assign to Strategies / Goals for other assets (not Stocks & Mutual Funds)
Recommended for other assets such as Bonds, FDs, NCDs etc.
1. Use the in-app form for Stocks & Mutual Funds
This option is recommended if you do not have many transactions:
- Open the portfolio in MProfit.
Click the + icon. Next click Add to Strategies / Goals.
- You will see the list of all your Stock transactions, with the option to select the Strategy / Goal. If you wish to look at Mutual Fund transactions, click View Mutual Funds.
Now, click Select Strategy or Goal for any transaction.
- Select the Strategy / Goal you wish to allocate the transaction to.
- Once you have selected the Strategy / Goal, it will be assigned.
You can choose to allocate a partial quantity if the transaction is to be divided between different Strategies / Goals. To do so, simply click into the Quantity value and edit it.
You can also edit Price for a Strategy / Goal, if required.
- Repeat this step for all applicable transactions. Once you have assigned them, click Save All.
MProfit gives you the option to sort by Oldest to Newest if you click Show Oldest.
2. Use a Portfolio Transaction CSV Export to tag Stock transactions
This option lets you download all Stock transactions for a portfolio in CSV format, add the Strategies / Goals in the file and re-upload the file back to MProfit.
This option is recommended if you have many transactions in your portfolio.
- Open an investment portfolio in MProfit, click Actions > View All Transactions
- On the next screen, right-click on Export to CSV. After right-clicking, click the Download Strategy / Goal Template option.
Your Transaction Export will now be exported.
- Open the CSV file and add your Goals / Strategies for each transaction in Column H.
If needed, you can split a transaction into different Strategies / Goals by adding new rows to accommodate the split.
- Next, save the file.
Now import the file to MProfit using the template below:
Template: MProfit Strategy & Goal - Transaction Export
- You must complete a one-time step of portfolio mapping so that MProfit assigns your transactions to the correct Strategy & Goal portfolios.
Once this step is done, you can preview & complete the import of your Goals/Strategies.
- You can now repeat steps 1 to 5 for all your MProfit portfolios.
Strategies / Goals for other Asset Classes such as Bonds, NCDs, FDs etc.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article