Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Restore Error?

edited March 2013 in General
When I try to restore my backup file, I get the error message "The target directory to restore should be empty. please select another directory"

Comments

• Go to Tools, click Restore Data. You will see the Restore window. Please select your Restore Data Location (folder), where you would like to store your Portfolio Data files. This should be the empty folder. Now carefully select your Back up file, which you might have saved on external drive (pen drive or CD ROM), and then select the appropriate option (with password or without password, the same which you have chosen while creating the backup), and then click Start Restore. Once restore is complete, you will be asked whether you want to restart with the restored data, Click Yes. MProfit will now restart with your original data.

After restore, your default data directory should be your newly restored data directory, which you can check by clicking Settings and then Change Portfolio Data Location, which shows your current data location.