Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Asset Names for new assets that are added.

edited October 2013 in Advisor

I created an asset named "Home" under Loans. Later i decided to delete the asset from tracking as the same was created just to have some learning. So I deleted the transactions and deleted the asset itself from delete record.

Now when i try to create any asset under any category with the name "Home" it is telling that it is a duplicate asset name.

Since, I have deleted the asset name, the same shall be available to be used again, which actually not. So, when i check the list of asset name, it is not appearing in the list and now allowing me to use that name also.

Comments

• Click Activity Menu
    Select 'Edit/Delete' asset for this portfolio and delete the asset from here.
    Do let us know if this resolves the issue
  • I have deleted the asset as suggested by you, but the issue is still existing.
  • Agreed, we should provide a facility to delete an asset but we don't at the moment.

However, there is a workaround. Select the asset name and add it to your summary screen. Then right click on it and select "Edit Selected Asset", then you can rename the asset.